Endless Possibilities

Endless Possibilities

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Podcasting

I had my first podcasting experience today. I'm not quite sure I'm a pro at doing them yet since at this time I've only done one and it was with two other people. Our first step was to choose a topic to do our podcast about. We chose to create a podcast that would fit in a unit on Iowa History. We decided to do a radio show type of podcast where we interviewed Grant Wood. We than scripted out our show and then it was time to use Garage Band. Then we chose our intro music, hooked up our microphone and began recording. We had to edit our podcast to get rid of all the things we didn't want and make it sound more like a radio show by putting music in it where we weren't speaking. When you check out your finished product it is a pretty awesome feeling. The same feeling your students will have when they complete their own. So my goal for this next school year is to try it with my 4th graders!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Month

Choice, not circumstances, determines your success



By: Author Unknown